Saturday, June 19, 2010

Amelia's Adventure Ends

Our week of Vacation Bible School is over.


I think Amelia is equal parts glad and sad that she's done. She had fun, but it was different for her to be with a big group of kids, and I think she found it overwhelming at times.


I'm just grateful to have survived all of the loading and unloading that went with dropping Amelia off at 9 a.m. and picking her up noon. It has confirmed for me that we will not be doing half-day kindergarten. It's all or nothing, baby. Otherwise it's too much work for the mama, and the boys have to spend too much time in the van every day.

But I digress.

Jeff and I went to Amelia's Bible School program on Friday. It was classic, of course. Some kids waved at their parents, some picked their noses, some goofed around with their hats. Ours did all three.

Amelia also did a great job with the words and the motions. They had wonderful volunteer teachers who taught them a lot in a short time. I am amazed by anyone who can get this much out of four and five year olds in less than five hours.

Check their hard work out for yourself. Amelia's in the front row in the orange hat.




© Trippin' Mama 2010

No comments: