Friday, March 27, 2009

Could She Do a Little Laundry?

One evening last week Jeff decided that Amelia and Mommy needed a little special time together, so he told her I'd take her to the library and then to get ice cream. It was a nice treat for both of us, but getting out the door wasn't easy.

Jeff kept pushing me to get out of the house. I kept stopping to do one more thing before we left. He kept pushing.

Finally I said, "You're in such a hurry to get us out of here that if I didn't know better I'd think your mistress was on the way over."

He rolled his eyes at me and said, "Yeah. That's it."

I replied, "Well, I'm tired, so thank her for me and see if she can throw a load of laundry in while she's here."

It's a wonder this man even stays married to me...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

HAHAHA I laughed hard at this one... mainly cause I can see Jeff's face as you say that! And he is married to you because you are wonder woman!

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Awww, thanks Sarah! I didn't realize my star-spangled Wonder Woman bottoms were showing...

Pam said...

You crack me up! I hope everyone is feeling better.

mandbrid said...

HILARIOUS!!! You have a great sense of humor...

Mama (Heidi) said...

That is hysterical.