Sunday, October 5, 2008

36 Unbelievable Weeks

It's almost impossible to believe that we're at 36 weeks today with no complications, one minor complaint (the itchy rash, which has cleared up), and the first contractions just a few nights ago. (None since, by the way.)

I thought I had surely reached my capacity for expansion, but I am still growing. Today I am 49 inches around and I have gained a total of 40 lbs. The babies should all be right around 6 lbs. now, though their growth could well be slowing down as it's pretty crowded in there.

Ever since my mom came she's said I look just like I always have from the back, but from the front I look like I swallowed an exercise ball. Hmmm... Could I possibly be that big? She also says the pictures just don't do it justice. So, this week, just for fun, we took a few pictures for comparison. You be the judge.

36 weeks and still growing!
Basketball? Maybe months ago.
Amelia's large rubber ball? Closer!


Exercise ball? Yikes!

13 comments:

Donya Lester said...

Wow! Truly amazing. So glad you're still on your feet and the babies have all gotten so big and healthy. Now if only they'd decide it's time to meet us all. . .

Sarah said...

Haha WOW... she is a little far off with the thought of the excersize ball! Thank goodness!!

Anonymous said...

I think the babies are waiting to arrive on their daddy's birthday- since the Cubbies couldn't give him the gift he really wanted!! I guess you will have to cross ALFANSO and LOU off your name list hu?? We had some pretty disappointed boys at our house but as the true Cub fans say.... "Its next year".

Pam said...

Unbelievable is right!!! I cannot believe you are at 36 weeks and on your feet having fun with photos. Those pictures cracked me up. You are such a trooper. I am so glad that your sense of humor is still fully intact. I'm also glad that the itching is better, aah relief! At least you didn't have to wait until delivery for that to get better. I think it's time for that light to shine.

Suzy said...

Hey, I've gained 40 lbs and measure 45 inches around ... but I am nowhere near 36 weeks. Want me to send some of my contractions your way? :)

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Glad everyone enjoyed the pictures!

Suzy, I'll gladly take your contractions for you, and let's not forget you're carrying four babies to my three!

My waist growth slowed down as I started to expand north to south and the babies started pushing out those ribs to make some room. Maybe yours will, too!

Anonymous said...

You're doing so well. I don't think I would have made it to 36 weeks under any circumstances. I had so many contractions, I could barely stand, starting at 15 weeks! You are absolutely amazing, and completely inspirational! I think I will absolutely pass out if I see 37 week pictures of you!

KnitterBunny said...

You know, I was five days late and weighed under 6 pounds.

Kelli in WL

cat said...

Wow, you did amazing!

Jen said...

Truly amazing! I wanted to get that far with my triplets but I had to settle for 34 weeks. ;)

lifewithquads said...

I had to be in bed for the last 7 weeks of my pregnancy. If I had known they were coming the day they did I would have stood up to feel the weight of them and taken a picture so I could see how big I really was. There will be no re-do's. lol

Anonymous said...

How many weeks were you measuring. My friend was measuirng 48 weeks at 36 weeks with twins.

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Dear Anonymous, I'm not positive how many weeks I was measuring. I think it was 52 in the end. I know I was measuring 44 weeks at 32 weeks pregnant.