Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What Color Is Your Poodle?


Amelia and I were running errands the other day when we saw a lady walking her toy apricot poodle across the parking lot.

"Mom!" Amelia cried. "That's the kind of dog I want! A poodle just like that!"

She was so excited that I had to laugh. The dog looked just like the one I had growing up, though Amelia's never seen a picture of Taffy.

"Do you want a white one like that?" I asked.

"Yes!" she responded.

Then there was a long pause before she asked, "Wait! Do they come in pink?"

Is that the perfect little girl question or what?

© Trippin' Mama 2011

3 comments:

Suzy said...

LOL! Reminds me of a HUGE bright blue poodle I saw once during football playoffs (is that what they're called?). Took a picture of it because it was so crazy-looking, but it died with my old cellphone. :)

Aunt Mary said...

Thanks for the smile today Amelia. A friend of mine dyed her dog pink for halloween one year- she used cherry koolaid.Plus the dog smelled good too!

Emily & Ed Tice said...

My daycare sitter has a toy poodle who just had a litter of pups yesterday. She had 3 females - 1 black, 1 chocolate, 1 apricot...Just passing along the info...they won't be ready to leave for 6-8 weeks. :o)