Tuesday, September 17, 2013

She Is Seven


Amelia turned seven on May 22. She requested a butterfly cake, and I agreed to try my hand at some cake decorating, without getting too crazy! I bought the butterfly-shaped pan and the icing bag and decorating tips.

The first time around I chose to cover the sides with Spree candies, mostly because I got bored making little frosting stars. The boys LOVED that I made a "test cake." Amelia was pretty happy with it, too!




For her party, I sprinkled the edges with silver edible glitter, and did a more professional job on the frosting. I think they both turned out great, and the birthday girl was very happy with each one.


Now the boys have asked for an Angry Birds cake for their quickly-approaching fifth birthday. I'm thinking I can pull off Angry Birds cupcakes... I hope!
 
Amelia had a great birthday, and I was very proud of her for choosing to have everyone bring a donation for our church food bank instead of a gift for her. She still got plenty, and she got to help a lot of other people, too.

Who can believe they are seven and five? Yikes! They are getting so big so fast!

© Trippin' Mama 2013

No comments: