Friday, December 25, 2009

Splashing Around At Christmas

Whew! I'm back. The presents are all unwrapped, the pieces scattered hither and yon already. Christmas dinner is in the oven, and my expert potato masher is standing by to help. So now it's time for to me to catch up here quick.

Our Christmas started early this week when Grandma and Grandpa D. and Uncle Jacob came to visit. We took the kiddos to an indoor water park where everyone had a blast! The boys and Amelia showed much more stamina than the rest of us.


Sam, Amelia, Isaac and Alex

Everyone loves the water, so we had a blast with the kids. Sam freaked out when we first got there, but I think it was the noise, not the water, that bothered him.

Amelia - Love those "wobble goggles!"


Sam looks waterlogged already.

Isaac checks out the water.

Alex goes for the big splash.

Of course we had to open a few presents before the grandparents and Uncle Jacob headed back to the Frozen North. Amelia thought that opening presents early was the best idea EVER. She is now in My Little Pony heaven, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa.

Jeff and I, however, find ourselves desperately cramming for the ongoing My Little Pony quiz: "What's this one's name?" "Which one is Toolaroola?" "What color is Sweetie Belle?" I had college classes that were easier than this.

The boys are enjoying their new toys, too. We enjoy that we haven't had to create a cheat sheet for ourselves to answer their questions!

As for the story of today's Christmas celebration, well it will have to wait. Right now Amelia and I have potatoes to mash.

Hope you had a very merry Christmas!


Christy

No comments: