Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wrapped Around His Finger

Isaac has developed a habit of coming into Mommy and Daddy's bed in the wee hours of the morning. It started when he was sick with a high fever just before Thanksgiving, and he kept waking up feeling miserable.

Usually this happens when he gets sick, but it tapers off pretty quickly. Not this time. And now he's even doing the boomerang: coming back a second time after I have returned him to his bed once.

So today I asked Isaac why he keeps coming to Mommy's bed at night. He looked me right in the eye, smiled and said, "I just want to snuggle you Mommy."

My heart melted, of course, but I tried to stay strong.

"I like to snuggle you, too, buddy, but we can snuggle before bedtime and in the morning. What's waking you up?"

"There's a monster under my bed," Isaac said.

"There are no monsters in my house," I told him.

Then he said, "There IS a monster. But it's okay. He's nice. He tells me to go see my mommy."

What am I supposed to do with that?

© Trippin' Mama 2011

No comments: