Saturday, July 4, 2009

Heading Home

We are in the final days of vacation, and I have to say (though I'm whispering this, lest it actually happen) that if the boys screamed all the way home from here, we'd still have to consider this trip a big success! All of the kids have traveled so well, and though bedtime has gotten a little late some nights, they've been sleeping like champs, too. I hope that continues when we get home.


Since I last checked in we celebrated Grandma D.'s birthday and got to meet many of the relatives on Jeff's side of the family at the party. The next day we took a quick day trip to my hometown to introduce the boys to my Aunt Illa and Uncle Virgil and Uncle Tim. We started the trek back, spending one night at my brother's again, after a stop to see an old friend of mine from high school. Now we're at Grandma Alice and Grandpa Ernie's, meeting MORE cousins.


When she got up this morning, Amelia asked me if we were going to meet some more cousins today. I think she's getting used to meeting a whole new group of people every couple of days!


Tomorrow we're heading home, and posts will become more regular once I get the van unpacked and the laundry done. This connection is slow, so photos will have to wait, too.

No comments: