Monday, January 17, 2011

Withdrawal Symptoms

Oh, my. Four days without a post?

I've been so caught up in sewage, sickness (lost my wing man for a couple days), and some deadlines for my paying gig(s) that something had to give.

But I know you are a kind and forgiving lot, and it doesn't surprise you that a mom of four small children might get a bit too snowed under to blog.

So, pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of coffee, and let's catch up.

Speaking of coffee, perhaps part of the problem around here is that I have given up caffeine. Yes, you read that right. I gave up CAFFEINE.

I've never been a coffee drinker or much of a tea drinker, despite my time in England. My caffeine of choice has always been Coke. The real deal, baby, no Diet Coke for me. The aspartame is bad news. Gives me horrible headaches. Not unlike giving up caffeine, now that I think about it.

But I digress. Where was I?

Oh, yes. A Coke a day. I know, I know. All that sugar! But I have always figured sugar is less likely to kill me than that artificial stuff.

Anyway, I decided it was time to do my body a favor and ditch the sugar and caffeine. Because face it, having a Coke every day is like having a candy bar every day. It's not good for me, and it's not a good example for my kids.

After three days of headaches it's all good now.

Well, except for the fact that I occasionally doze off standing up.

But other than that I'm fine. Really.

I've got a bunch of stuff to share: my first conversation with Amelia about the birds and the bees, Sam's latest obsession, my reaction to a blog post that really bothered me, and pictures of a project I completed while Jeff was home on vacation around Christmas.

But before I sign off, how about a delicious cookie to go with that cup of coffee? The other day Amelia and I made a batch of Whitehouse Cookies. I made half of the cookies and then added a bag of Heath toffee bits to the remaining dough.

Oh. My. Goodness. A new favorite is born!

I've updated the recipe to include this variation. Make yourself some today. Then, if you're like me, you'll have to head directly to the gym to work off the half dozen you ate. Mmmm...but totally worth it!


© Trippin' Mama 2011

No comments: