Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Did You "Bote"?


It was Primary Election Day today. Did you "bote"?

I took the boys with me to the polls. We sure livened up the day for the poll workers!

Because the boys have been so good lately and such big boys about holding hands, we walked in together. (Note: I hold two boys' hands in one of mine and one in the other. I can't yet trust them not to drop each other's hands and bolt.)

Now no stroller is still a risk for us. If more than one boy melts down or someone takes off on me or they start to get destructive, I have no lockdown and no way to make a speedy escape. And let's face it, part of successfully parenting multiples is containment, and there are times when a quick getaway is critical.

I figured we'd be able to handle it because I knew there would be no line and "I voted" stickers.

As it turned out, one of the poll workers was a twin herself and one had twins who are 26, so we had a very understanding crowd. The boys got stickers and lollipops and far too much attention. I cast my ballot and gave us all a little pat on the back for conquering yet another milestone in the journey from triplet insanity to normalcy. 

Sometimes the little things are the big things.

© Trippin' Mama 2011

1 comment:

Megan said...

"part of successfully parenting multiples is containment" - AMEN! I might have to steal that sometime! :)