Friday, October 1, 2010

From My Kitchen: Taco Soup


This recipe comes from my sister Mary. She's the queen of fast and easy recipes, so get out your can opener! You can whip up this great-tasting soup in the crockpot or on the stove. If you like tacos and Mexican food, you'll like this one.

Taco Soup
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 can refried beans
1 can kidney or black beans
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with green chiles (if you like it spicy)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can water
1 C. white rice and water as needed (optional)

This one is pretty straight forward, folks. Throw everything in the pot and give it some time for the flavors to come together. I prefer to include the rice, and I sometimes leave out the refried beans. It's a texture thing for me. And I usually make mine with black beans and use the tomatoes with green chiles for a little heat.

Serve with shredded cheddar and tortilla chips for sprinkling on top.

Simple to make, and it really fills you up, too. Enjoy!


© Trippin' Mama 2010

No comments: