Friday, November 19, 2010

From My Kitchen: Cornflake Cookies


I know, I know. Two cookie recipes in a row. Sorry about that, but I'm in a hurry today and this one was all ready to go. Besides, we are coming into the holiday season, and these cornflake cookies are deliciously different. They are yummy enough for your office carry-in or church potluck, but chances are, no one else will show up with them!

Here's the recipe:

Cornflake Cookies
1 cup white sugar
1 cup margarine
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
11/2 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups cornflakes ( I crush them a little)
1/2 cup chopped nuts ( your choice)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar. Add baking soda, cream of tartar, vanilla and flour. Mix well.

Stir in cornflakes, lightly crushed, and chopped nuts. I love these with pecans, but they are pretty versatile, so you can use what you have on hand or experiment a little.

Roll the dough into balls, roll in sugar and place on baking sheet. Press with a cookie stamp, glass or fork.

Bake for 12 minutes.

The result is light, crisp, and oh so good.

Enjoy!

© Trippin' Mama 2010

1 comment:

Stef said...

Oh, yummy. I may just give these a try.