Saturday, September 10, 2011

Duck, Duck, Goose!


A couple weeks ago I was in the kitchen and I overheard the boys organizing a game of Duck, Duck, Goose.

They learned how to play it in the church nursery, and since they are a crowd, they can play it at home by themselves!

I peeked around the corner as they all sat down on the floor in a circle. Then Isaac got up and started the game. The other two were clamoring, "Duck me! Duck me!"

Everyone was duly "ducked" with a good swat on the head several times, then Isaac yelled "GOOSE!" Everyone jumped up and ran down the hallway and back, laughing the whole way. Then they all sat down and did it again. I was happy to join the game once I determined that I didn't have to run around every time someone got "goosed."

I was finally able to catch this video of the boys playing the other day. They did start playing a second version where only the person who is "It" runs away after yelling, "Goose!" You'll see both versions here, and around 1:30 you'll hear Isaac and Alex saying, "Duck me!"



I know the video's not great. (It's hard to capture the person walking around the circle while sitting in the circle.) And it's longer than most people probably want to watch, but this is one of those things I want to remember my kids doing. And that's the real reason I started blogging in the first place.

© Trippin' Mama 2011

No comments: