Saturday, June 16, 2012

We Made A Splash!

I was doing pretty well posting this week, wasn't I? Sorry I had to miss yesterday. Amelia won four tickets to a nearby water park and Jeff and I were able to get off work, so we were there ALL, ALL day. Seriously. We left the house at 8 a.m. and returned home at 1 a.m. this morning.

We had a blast. The weather was perfect. The park wasn't crowded, and the kids did great. Lots of walking, lots of water, lots of rides and very little whining.

Sam, Isaac, Alex and Amelia are still smiling at the end of a very long, very fun day!

We took the kiddos on a family water slide where you ride up to five people in an inner tube. We split up two and two. I took Sam and Isaac. Jeff took Amelia and Alex. Only one kid really liked it: Isaac! (No surprise there!)

Sam did pretty well. He was pretending the inner tube was a horse and after we hit the second little drop and went around the corner he was yelling, "Slow this dang horsie down!"

Isaac just laughed and grinned the whole time. Later I took him and Alex, and I laughed at the contrast between the two. The look on Isaac's face was sheer delight. The look on Alex's was borderline terror. He was trying to like it, but didn't really.

After we left Alex with Daddy, Isaac and I rode again. As we stood near the top waiting for our turn Isaac kept pointing out other slides he wanted to ride. Unfortunately most of what he picked he was too little to ride. (And most of them I didn't want to ride with him, either! I'm kind of a wuss about slides and rides.)

"That's not fair!" Isaac wailed. I had to chuckle. In no time he'll be big enough to ride everything in the park.

The problem is, none of his siblings will want to go with him!

© Trippin' Mama 2012

No comments: