Thursday, June 14, 2012

Who Needs The Guilt?

I'm a very infrequent poster on Facebook, and the other day I saw a comment that reminded me exactly why.

Someone posted about a fun outing with their kiddos, and one of the comments was "Where was my invite? :( "

Really? You can't read that post and think, "That sounds like fun!" Maybe pick up the phone and call your friend and say, "Hey, that sounded like a blast! Let's go together sometime!"?

Nope. Go right for the guilt trip.

I see this all the time. Someone posts about a girls' night out or a weekend trip with friends or even a date night with the hubby and the guilt just starts pouring in.

I find this really sad. Why can't we celebrate each other's joy and fun instead of crashing the party with a guilt trip?

Life is a whole lot better when you are cheering others on instead of tearing them down. Now that's a life lesson for all of us.


© Trippin' Mama 2012

No comments: