Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Big Conversations with Little People

The boys are fast approaching four (four!), and they have a LOT to say these days. Believe me, you haven't really lived until you have three little people telling you knock-knock jokes that don't make any sense and aren't funny. (But you laugh anyway, because the thought that goes into telling them and the intesity with which they are told merits a laugh.)

Every day I have some big conversation with one of my little people. The kind of conversation where they get right in your face and share some big revelation or idea or anything.

I love that!

Sam regularly says, "I'm going to tell you something." And then he does. Isaac is so intense that I have a hard time keeping a straight face even when he's serious. And Alex demands to be heard, yelling at his siblings to be quiet and getting louder and louder until we respond to him.

Tonight I had this very big conversation with Alex.

Alex: When I get big I'm going to work in Mommy's office.

Me: What will you do in Mommy's office?

Alex: (delivered without taking a breath) I will talk on the phone and they will pay me money and then I can go ride Sandy and put my own money in anytime I want!

Holy cow! He's three and he's got it figured out: Get a job, make your own money and spend it how you want. Parenting mission accomplished.

P.S.: Sandy is the mechanical horse at the local grocery store and the children's museum. It costs a nickel to ride.

© Trippin' Mama 2012

No comments: