Monday, August 26, 2013

Lily Lou

Amelia has been telling me about this story she's writing at school.

"It's about a girl named Lily Lou, who is the size of a paper clip. She lives in a mango and has a table and chairs made out of celery and a couch made out of carrot slices. Her bed is a slice of tomato and she sleeps under a lettuce leaf."

Can I tell you how much I hope there are pictures to go with this?

Today Amelia gave me an update: "A human entered the room and Lily Lou hid under her bed and shook with fright."

Then she demonstrated, "It's a h-h-human," she said. "She talks like that, you know, because she's shaking with fright."

That child is a girl after my own writer's heart. And also, she's making me a little hungry.

I can't wait to hear the next installment!

© Trippin' Mama 2012

No comments: