Saturday, August 24, 2013

Soccer Mom

I am now officially a soccer mom. Amelia wanted to play when she was five, but as I had three two-year-olds on my hands, I said no. I'm pretty sure dragging them to weekly practice and games would have put me right over the edge.

This year the boys are old enough to play, so we went all in. They love it!

I thought Amelia might not enjoy it as much as she thought she would. She's not the most athletic child. (She does take after her mama, after all!) And, most of the other girls on her team have played before. But she's caught on quickly and has great coaches, so she's having lots of fun.

Then there are the boys. First off, there are eight kids on the team, and they play six on six, so if we don't show up their team can't even play. At the first game a dad of one of their teammates thanked me for driving car pool so they had a team. I told him it wasn't a car pool, just a lot of kids from my house.

The boys love the running and kicking, and they are doing a good job of listening to their coaches and seem to be learning a lot. But those rules about not pushing or pulling on someone's shirt or tackling? Those are a little tough for us. It's a good thing they don't throw yellow flags in peewee league.

© Trippin' Mama 2012

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you are posting again! I missed it!

Amy