Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mama's Boys

Mom reporting in here. Still no final word on names, but we'll have that all sorted out tomorrow. I was able to nurse two of the boys this morning, and they did great. I got up out of bed about 1 p.m., and that was pretty rough. But after the first time it gets easier.

While I had some side effects from the anesthesia, it worked much better this time than with Amelia, so the delivery went smoothly. We were able to see each of the babies immediately after birth and again after they were assessed. Neither Jeff nor I could believe we didn't have at least one girl in there! Afterwards I was a little shocked that my big belly was so small again.

I was finally able to go down to the NICU to see our big boy at 6 p.m. and give him a bottle. I hadn't seen him since the couple minutes right after he was born. He's doing great and has been off all breathing help since this morning. They are giving him 48 hours of antibiotics just to be safe, and once he's done with that -- tomorrow evening -- he should join his brothers in the regular nursery.

Jeff will get pictures up soon. I'm sure you'll all agree that he deserved to spend his birthday today holding his sons instead of uploading pictures of them. He also brought Amelia up to see the babies, and she was very excited about her "widdle brodders." We'll get those photos up soon, too. In the meantime you'll have to trust me when I tell you the triplets are adorable.

Time for more rest for mom now that the Vicodin is kicking in. Thanks for all your prayers for a safe delivery and healthy babies. God was certainly watching over us and our sons throughout the entire pregnancy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How blessed you are. So glad things are going so well. Hope you have a speedy recovery and you get to take those sweeties home soon.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Christy. What a miracle. I'm so happy for you!