Saturday, October 25, 2008

We Don't Need This Kind of Excitement

I spent a few hours in the emergency room the other night, having serious leg pain checked out to make sure it wasn't a blood clot. First they drew blood and did some blood test. My numbers came back very high, which can indicate a clot, so we waited another two hours for an ultrasound tech to come check my leg and ultimately give me the all clear.

Fortunately, we had some of our wonderful volunteers coming to do the 10 p.m. feeding, so Jeff could come to the hospital and wait it out with me. While we waited we watched "House," the medical TV drama. The episode was about three people who all had serious leg problems. Was it sadistic to watch that for an hour while we waited to find out about a potential blood clot?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very glad you got the all-clear. Did you find out what the leg pain was?

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

They said it was probably caused by fluid collecting in my joints as my body tries to get rid of all the excess fluid post-baby. It's getting better, and as long as it's not anything serious, I can't put up with it!