Thursday, October 23, 2008

Moms Are...

Yesterday the boys were two weeks old. I planned a light-hearted post that compares how I looked the day I delivered with how I look now, but that one will have to wait.

Instead, I want to post a big THANK YOU to my mom. She just left, after being here a full month before the triplets were born and these first two weeks we had them home. As you saw in previous posts, she did all my nesting and organizing for me, and helped take care of this family as we waited for the babies to come. She truly was a godsend in those last few weeks.

But that was nothing compared to these first two weeks of life with triplets in the house. From helping with three feedings a night to devising baby boot camp, and from giving first baths to working with our volunteers to handle the late evening feeding, Mom was there. She stayed long enough for me to recover from the delivery. And she was here to see the boys start to come out of the sleepy baby stage and begin to develop their own personalities. Of course, that makes leaving them all the harder.

Grandma Alice with Sam, Alex and Isaac. 10/11/08

Mom, I never thought you'd still be taking care of me when I was 36 years old, but I am so glad you were here. I love you and I miss you already. Thank you isn't enough, but it's all I have to offer. You're the best!

Christy

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I hope you took lots of pictures!

I'm discovering, as I move further into adulthood that our mothers are never, ever done taking care of us, and for that, I'm SO grateful. Your mom is an angel, Christy.

Pam said...

How wonderful that your mother was able to be part of it all and that she provided you with so much help. God bless her.

Sarah said...

Aww I had no idea that she was leaving today! We will miss you Alice! You were amazing and I know you were truly treasured while you were here!!!

Anonymous said...

What an angel your mother is! And how wonderful for her that she was able to spend this time with you and with her four perfect grandchildren. I'm so happy for you, Christy.