Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our Due Date Has Arrived

To my boys:

Today, November 2, is your due date. We are so blessed that you are already here as big, healthy three-week-olds. Today Sam weighs 7 lbs. 2 oz., Isaac weighs 6 lbs. 7 oz., and Alex weighs 8 lbs. 1 oz.

On your birthday, in the short time we had between the doctor's appointment and the C-section, I sat quietly with you one last time. I wanted to savor those last few moments of having you inside of me. I wanted to relish the last few baby kicks and contemplate for just a minute the miracles that God and I had been creating together for all those months.

God knit your bones together inside of me, and, as with so many of His gifts, I was but the vessel for His work. It is indeed a wondrous thing.

I'm so thrilled to have carried you safely inside of me for so long. Now you've taken your place in this world -- a place that God determined for you long ago.

No matter what the future holds for you, my three little angels, know that your father and I will always be there to hold your hands, wipe your tears, share your joys, and encourage you along the way.

Welcome to the world my darlings. We're so very glad you're here.

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

Amy Lore said...

This one left tears in my eyes. What a tender expression of your love for those little boys.

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Thanks, Amy. Our love for these little people is amazing, isn't it? It happens so fast, it takes your breath away, and it is all consuming.

Hope you and your little man are well.