Friday, March 13, 2009

Interview with ME!

Helene over at I'm Living Proof God Has a Sense of Humor got me in on this bit of fun. A fellow blogging mama interviewed her, so she decided to interview some of her readers. Here are her questions and my answers:


1) Tell me your first gut reaction when you learned you were having triplets.

Honestly, my first reaction was that the room suddenly got very hot and I thought I was going to throw up. You can read about it here and here.

2) How did you you and your husband meet?

Jeff and I met when we were 15. We were both members of a Catholic Youth Council. Our first date was to my junior prom.

3) What's the best piece of advice in general you've ever received?

I can't choose between these two.

From my dad: "Pick your friends, don't let them pick you." That one kept me out of a lot of trouble, especially in college.

From my mom: "This, too, shall pass." That one used to really tick me off, because my crisis of the moment was always VERY IMPORTANT and not to be dismissed. With age and maturity, I realized that was not a dismissal of my crisis, but a reminder that everything was not earth-shattering, and everything, with time, changes.

4) If you could have a conversation with anyone (dead or alive), who would you choose and why? What would you ask him/her?


I'd love to talk with Amelia Earhart because she defied the norm of what it was to be a woman in her era. I'd ask her how she felt about breaking so many boundaries. How did men of her generation treat her before and after she became so famous? Did she ever want to be married and have children, as was expected of women in her day? What does she think about how far women have come now? What would her advice to young women of today be?

5) You check your mailbox today and find an envelope in it addressed to you with a check for a million dollars....how would you spend it?

Right now, a big chunk would have to go to diapers and formula...and wine for mommy & daddy. Maybe even a winery?

OK, seriously, my first move would be to fill my kids' college funds. Then I'd go for a house remodel (I love my neighborhood and wouldn't want to move) to add a larger kitchen and great room, and two more bedrooms. Then I'd pay off the van and probably replace my husband's well-used car. I'd also love to have a vacation fund so we could go visit family any time we wanted. And someday, when the kids are a little older, take some big vacations, like going to rural Italy or France for a month.


Now...I would love to interview you and you and you. So here is what you do:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions - make sure I can reach you by e-mail or leave your e-mail in your comment).

3. You then update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.



So come on--let's get to know each other better. And do not fear potential questions--I'll play nice.

1 comment:

Helene said...

I really enjoyed reading that!! Thanks for participating!!

An interview with Amelia Earhart!!! She would be interesting to talk to!