Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stopping Traffic

Alex, Sam and Isaac: Cute enough to stop traffic.

The boys and I went for a stroll around the neighborhood today. We didn't get very far before we stopped to talk with a neighbor who was waiting for her son's school bus to arrive. We were still chatting when the bus pulled up.

The bus driver stopped about 20 feet in front of us on the other side of the road and let the neighbor's son off. Then she started to pull away. As she drove by us she realized that there were THREE babies in the stroller.

She stopped, BACKED her bus up, opened her window and said, "Are all three of them triplets?"

It took every ounce of willpower I had not to say, "Nope, only two of them."

Instead I smiled and said, "Yes, they are."

Then the school bus driver, with her load of 40 some screaming, yelling children, said to me, "You've sure got your hands full."

She's telling me that I've got MY hands full? While driving a bus full of rowdy school kids?

Oh, the irony.

No comments: