Friday, June 18, 2010

From My Kitchen: Mambo Marinade


This is a simple marinade that's delicious on chicken, shrimp or pork. The lime juice helps keep it light and gives it a little zing, which is perfect for a warm summer evening.

I prefer to use low-sodium soy sauce and I confess to buying my garlic already diced and in the jar. Rachael Ray would NOT be happy with me, but it's easy and I think it tastes as good. It also prevents unused garlic from sprouting in my cupboard. However, if you want to chop your own, chop away!

Here's the recipe:

Mambo Marinade

1/4 C. lime juice
1/4 C. soy sauce (reduced sodium)
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. diced garlic or 1 clove, diced 

Combine all ingredients in a resealable plastic bag. Add your meat or seafood and marinate at least 30 minutes. On my more organized days I'll toss everything together in the morning, or even the night before. The longer you marinate, the more flavor you'll get. Remove meat or seafood from marinade and cook as usual. Discard remaining marinade.

Enjoy!
© Trippin' Mama 2010

No comments: