Friday, August 5, 2011

From My Kitchen: Sparkling Margaritas


Here's a good summer cocktail recipe from the May issue of Bettter Homes and Gardens. This is a classic margarita with a twist. Add a little sparkling wine or champagne, and yum!

I like sweet wines, so I used a moscato d'asti. You can make it to your taste, using your favorite sparkling wine or champagne. You can use any tequila, and it will taste delish, but the drink looks cloudy if you don't use white tequila. So if looks are important, go for the white.

If you can't find agave nectar I would suggest you sweeten this with a little simple syrup.

Sparkling Margaritas
1 cup white tequila
2/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup agave nectar
Sparkling wine or champagne (about 1 1/2 cups)
Lime peel strips or very thin lime slices

In a cocktail shaker combine half the tequila, lime juice, and agave nectar with plenty of ice. Shake for 5 seconds and strain mixture into three glasses. Repeat with remaining tequila, juice and agave nectar. Top each serving with sparkling wine. Add a lime peel strip. Add additional lime juice to taste. Makes 6 servings.

Warning: Look at the ingredients in this, people. Trust me when I tell you it packs a wallop! Sip it, savor it, but drink it responsibly, and enjoy! 

© Trippin' Mama 2011

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Hmmm...I think I'm coming over to your house!! LOL