Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Victor Emerged, Resplendant in Pink


The other day two of my boys had a knock-down, drag-out fight over who got to wear the pink Barbie dress-up dress. It was complete with fisticuffs, wrestling and accusations about who had already worn it the longest.

At the time I was on the phone with Jeff who was reporting in that he was headed home. It's a call that I look forward to every day, and one that makes me heave a sigh of relief.

"Don't worry," I told him. "I've got a solution." Then I hung up and went to deal with the problem.

When he got home the boys were running around laughing and having fun...in Amelia's tights and leotards.

He gave me that look that said, "This is not a solution."

Isaac

Alex

 Sam

But let's face it, anything legal that buys us a half hour of happy with all four kids is not just a solution, it's a stroke of genius.

© Trippin' Mama 2011

3 comments:

Kaia said...

I often think that Alex is a boy version of Amelia-such look-a-likes!

Anonymous said...

half hour of happy for you, lifetime of therapy for the boys

Uncle Dave

Anonymous said...

I love the tights did u ever take them out dress like that