Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's About Testicles


The other day Alex came down the hallway crying, "It hurts! It hurts!" When I reached him, I found him all upset with his hand in his pants.

"What hurts, buddy?" I asked.

"It hurts!" he repeated.

"Does your winky hurt?" I asked.

"The pig hurts!"

What? The pig? You're two and you've named it?

I took him into the bathroom and took off his shorts and underwear. I couldn't see anything, but then Alex lifted up his winky and said, "It hurts! Get it off."

And I found myself staring at a pig sticker stuck on his testicles. No parenting book in the world addresses that.

"How did this happen?" I had to ask.

"Isaac put it there," Alex responded. "Get it off!"

Really? It seemed like a good idea to pull your pants down and let your brother put a sticker there?!? Well, here comes a lesson in poor choices.

I didn't have time to soak the sticker off, so I decided to go the Band-Aid route: pull fast.

Alex roared, but having that sticker on must have hurt, because almost immediately he said, "Thanks, Mom." Then he pulled up his pants and headed back to play with his brothers.

But he has kept his pants on ever since.


© Trippin' Mama 2011

7 comments:

Ruthie said...

I hope you're printing out your blog as a book, cause it is surely a best-seller!

AJ said...

Oh too funny! Gald that you wrote it down to share when they are older!

Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzy said...

Had to share this one with Ted ... hilarious!!

Kathryn said...

Laughing hysterically....

jfran said...

I am dying. So funny.

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

I'm glad everyone thought this was as funny as I did. I'm not sure it's as funny if you HAVE testicles and imagine having a sticker ripped off of them...

Thanks for the comments, ladies!

Christy