Sunday, November 6, 2011

An Early Birthday Distraction

I got my birthday present a little early this year, and it is proving to be a distraction. Instead of blogging, I've got my head in the manual and my fingers on the buttons of this little beauty:

 

Oh, yes. I've upgraded to digital SLR, and I am loving it!

The gift was early because there was a good sale and because my birthday falls the week after Christmas. It would be a great gift anytime, but poor timing to open a new camera after all of the holiday pictures have been taken.

I figure I've taken more than 10,000 photos with my little Canon Elph point and shoot. It's a great little camera, but frankly, I've pretty much worn it out.
My goal now is to really learn the ins and outs of this camera so I can use it fully, and maybe even take a photography class or two in the coming year. It would be a great excuse to leave the house once in a while. And if I'm going to take 10,000 photos in three years, they should be the best I can take, right?

© Trippin' Mama 2011

No comments: