Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I Could Be A Holiday Annoyance

We had our family pictures taken the end of October. Not because I planned ahead, but because I got an email from a photographer who had taken our pictures before offering a deal for a photo shoot the end of October.

I got my photo CD the other day, and about that time I got a 40 percent off coupon for Christmas cards from Shutterfly. I love a bargain, so I hopped online, plunked a few photos in a card template, got the thumbs up from the hubs and ordered our cards. Again, this wasn't good planning on my part, more sheer dumb luck.

Today I got an email saying the cards will be here tomorrow, and it occurred to me that I could be one of those annoying people whose Christmas cards arrive in the mail the day after Thanksgiving.

I probably won't be, given the whole letter-writing, addressing and stamping tasks that would require in the next few days, but for the record, I could!

© Trippin' Mama 2011

4 comments:

Kaia said...

I don't think that's annoying-I like it!

susie said...

We'll look forward to it!! (and thanks for the reminder, the sale ends today!)

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Kaia, I love to get Christmas cards in the mail, but I'll freely admit I'm not ready to see my first one the day after Thanksgiving.

I think it's a reaction to the retailers shoving Christmas down our throats earlier and earlier. I LOVE Thanksgiving and want to enjoy it before leapfrogging to the next holiday.

But it's a good thing some people get their cards in the mail early. Lessens the postal load for Dec. 26 when I'm mailing mine. :)

Aunt Mary said...

If you did get them out that soon as a mom of multiples it would really make us "other" moms look bad so PLEASE don't!