Friday, April 27, 2012

31 Weeks? Piece of Cake

Today I started my re-entry into the career world. Next week will be my official start date, though we're still working out the details of child care.

There's a lot swirling in my head right now about working, staying at home, hiring a nanny and more. Eventually I'll sift through it and share more of it with you. I'd have done it by now if my darling boys would figure out how to sleep past 5:45 in the morning.

I am not a morning person. NOT.

For now, I'll share the conversation I had today with the Chief of Staff. I'm working on a political campaign, so the timeline is short -- which is part of why the offer was so appealing to me.

The CoS said, "We've got 31 weeks until the election. How much can you get done in 31 weeks?"

I smiled and replied, "The last time someone gave me a timeline of 31 weeks I grew three humans. I think we'll get plenty accomplished."

And to that he had no answer. Though he may already be regretting hiring a smart ass. 


© Trippin' Mama 2012

2 comments:

Pam said...

That's interesting. As soon as I saw your title of 31 weeks, I thought of a gestation period. I think he was thinking, "she may be better than me. I better watch out. She may be the next COS."

Aunt Mary said...

That's FUNNY!