Friday, September 5, 2008

Off to "Rest and Grow Babies"

Today was my last day in the office before I officially, at 32 weeks, start leave from my job. My doctor says that my job now is to "just rest and grow babies." So that's what I'll do.

Of course, it was tough to leave the office. I'm lucky enough to love my job and to have colleagues who are fun to work with, so leaving is hard. Fortunately, my mom arrived this evening to wait it out with me, so I'll have some company.

While I'll miss my colleagues and my work, I am looking forward to the fact that I don't have to get up in the morning, shower and find something that fits. Frankly, that's getting to be a lot of work! And, as I'm not sleeping all that well at night, it will be nice to be able to take a nap now and then.

I should be able to sleep better tonight since the chiropractor returned my dislocated rib to its proper place. It's a little tender from the adjustment, but at least I can breathe without pain today!

No comments: