Friday, August 14, 2009

O-O-O Oreo Cookies

I would like to apologize in advance for this post.

I am about to share a recipe that contains a few gazillion calories per serving. It's a guaranteed winner, unless you don't like Oreos. And in that case, I'm not sure we can be friends anymore.

Meet my new friend: The Oreo Brownie.


Hello, beautiful!

Here's the recipe. Super simple, super decadent. Trust me when I tell you to cut them small. You can always go back for seconds.

Oreo Brownies

1 regular sized package of Oreos, crushed

3/4 C. melted butter

(Yes, butter. You may as well use the real thing. The results won't be as good with margarine and you won't save enough calories to make a difference anyway.)

2 C. chocolate chips

(The recipe suggests mini chips, but I used regular with fab results.)

1 C. sweetened condensed milk

(A can has just a touch more than a cup, so I used the whole thing. No sense in wasting any, is there?)

Mix butter and crushed Oreos. Spread in a 9x13 pan. Mix sweetened condensed milk and 1 C. chocolate chips. Melt in the microwave for approximately 1 minute. Stir and pour evenly over the Oreo mixture. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into fairly small squares.

If you need help working off the calories, you could run a marathon, paint your house, or come on over and chase triplets for an afternoon.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

this sounds heavenly. i am going to have to try this soon!

angela said...

These are SO good. I had two after lunch (who can have just one?) and proceeded to take an oreo-induced nap. Charlie, Andrew and I thank you for the delicious treat!

The Posh Nosh said...

Wow, I am going to have tow ait until short season is over and them try these!

Suz said...

Can I share this with my multiples' club? Nice to be able to post one endorsed by another MoM :)

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Suz,

Share away. These are just too good to keep to yourself, I promise!

Sometime I'll post another great kid fave -- chocolate chip cookie dough brownies. Yum!

Emily said...

I made these brownies this weekend to help feed the NINE teenage boys we had over, and it was definitely a hit! I can't wait for your cookie dough brownie recipe. Hopefully I'll have that one all to myself, and won't have to share it with a bunch of hungry teens. :)