Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Who's In Charge Here?


I wish I had gotten this on video, but you'll have to settle for the telling of the tale.

As I was preparing supper this evening, Amelia was playing with her brothers. She brought out all three of their Bumbo seats and led each boy to his seat and helped him sit down. She did a pretty good job of talking them into going with her and was pretty gentle with her help.

Amelia wanted them to all sit down and pretend to be in the car with her.

But as soon as she got the last boy seated, one of the other two would get up and walk away. She would run after, pulling them back and "helping" them again.

I stood there laughing and watching this three-ring circus go on for a few minutes. When Amelia finally gave up I asked her if she knew who was in charge.

"I wanted to be in charge, Mom," she said.

I chuckled and thought to myself, "Yes, honey, I know you did. But we both know that you weren't!"

It's their world, Amelia. The rest of us just live in it.

No comments: