Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yep, She's Mine

When Amelia was younger she refused to eat mashed potatoes. No matter what I did, she rejected them, from the time she was old enough to have her first taste she turned her nose up.

It made me question whether she was really my child.

I LOVE mashed potatoes. In fact, if I had to choose between mashed potatoes and chocolate, it would be a very, very close contest. And I'm pretty sure the potatoes would win.

All of a sudden, Amelia's true genetic affinity for mashed potatoes has emerged. She's started asking if we can have them for supper, and even offering to help make them. (Any excuse to put on her apron!)

But this morning's mashed potato story tops them all.

Amelia woke up cranky. She made it very clear that she DID. NOT. WANT. TO. GO. TO. PRESCHOOL.

Then she remembered that they would be having their Thanksgiving feast lunch today. And there would be mashed potatoes.

Suddenly she couldn't get dressed and out the door fast enough.

That's my girl.

4 comments:

Suzy said...

AWESOME. My babies gag on mashed potatoes, like I'm feeding them poison, and then they spit them out! Makes me question whether they're mine also. Thanks for the ray of hope!

Angela said...

Adorable!

Suz said...

Mmmmm, mashed taters. Crab n Yell have learned to peel potatoes so they can have their favorite potato soup :) Do you make yours with cream cheese?

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Mmmm, cream cheese! Yummy! I usually just make plain old mashed potatoes with butter and milk. Thanks to Jeff's sister and her recipe, I sometimes throw in some garlic and chunks of Brie. Out of this world delish!