Friday, January 1, 2010

New for the New Year

Today's the big day for starting diets, getting organized, exercising more and generally motivating ourselves to do the things we should probably work on day in and day out.

But, a new year is as good a time as any for a fresh start, and I've got a few plans for the blog that I'll be putting in place in the coming months. So, in the spirit of New Year's resolutions, I'd like to share my plans with you.

I've got two main goals to start with:

First on my list is to give you guys a new photo to look at when you visit. I've had the photo of Amelia and the boys (age 6 weeks!) up far, far too long, I know. But I'm no expert at design and HTML, so it takes some real effort and time on my part to put something new together. And you have to admit it's a darn cute photo that says a lot!

My blogging time is pretty limited to start with, so I just haven't made design changes a priority. This year I plan to change out my header a little more often. You can bet it won't be monthly, but it will be more than once, I promise! (And no one ever breaks their New Year's resolutions, right?)

My second goal is in response to the Blog 365 challenge. Blog 365 challenges bloggers to post each and every day of 2010. I posted 259 times last year, so I've got some room for improvement there. But I could sure use your help with this one. If you've got questions for me or suggestions for blog posts, leave me a comment or send me an email. I'd LOVE to hear from you.

I am percolating a few other ideas that haven't quite become goals yet. Maybe I'll become a real grown-up blogger and do a giveaway or two. Maybe I'll get off my code-ignorant backside and add a little more functionality to the blog so you can search more easily for certain topics. Maybe I'll start a regular weekly feature for you to look forward to. Feel free to weigh in if you like any of those ideas. Perhaps you can motivate me to set some additional goals.

With four little people 3 and under in the house I prefer to make my goals challenging, but achievable. I know I have way more ideas than I can ever execute, so I'm starting with two goals and I'll go from there.

Help me achieve goal two to blog every day of the year by leaving me a comment with your ideas and suggestions for what you'd like to see here.

Here's to a great new year full of sharing our crazy life with all those who stop by this blog. I love having you along for the ride.

Christy

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'd love to see more videos of your gang in the upcoming year - especially ones with Amelia making the boys laugh. They all crack me up! I'd also love to know more about how you make it through each day with your full household. Could you share any scheduling/time management/organizational/survival tips? I can't wait to have even more of your blog posts to read! Thanks for sharing your family with us all! :)

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Emily, thanks for taking the time to weigh in. I'll try to keep the video camera handy for more videos. They are a lot of fun!

I don't know about organization and time management tips, but survival tips -- I think I've got a few of those to share!

Here's to a great 2010!