Saturday, June 18, 2011

I'm Blaming Vacation Bible School

Wow! I really neglected ye olde blog this week. You know it's bad when someone texts you and says, "I think your blog is broken." Nope. Just the blogger.

Amelia had Vacation Bible School all week, and it just about did me in. Load four kids up by 8:30 a.m. every morning to drive 15 minutes to the church. Unload everyone to walk Amelia into her classroom. (Hey, at least this year we got to ditch the stroller -- one less load and unload each way!) Load the boys back up and then repeat the process 2 1/2 hours later. Whew! The boys ate lunch in the van more than once. 

Next year I'll volunteer every day and put the boys in the nursery so they can go to school too. They begged to stay with Amelia this year. Of course, Sam and Isaac both had pink eye this week, so I couldn't volunteer the one day I had signed up for anyway.

Amelia had a blast learning songs, listening to Bible stories, snacking and making crafts every morning. On the last day they had a program, which I had to miss for a board meeting. I hated to miss, but she performed for me the night before, and when I only have four board meetings a year, it's pretty tough to skip one.

The day before the performance they sent home shirts for the kids to wear. Last year she got a youth small, which was huge, but it fits pretty well this year. So I figured we'd be in good shape this time around. Instead they sent home a youth large.
Seriously, two of her would have fit in this thing. When we tried it on Amelia said, "It's a dress!"
I thought that was a great idea. A couple buttonholes and a piece of ribbon later, and it was.

Not too bad for a late-night effort after we finally got the boys in bed. That drama is ongoing, though I think we are seeing a little progress.

Stay tuned, more to come!

© Trippin' Mama 2011

No comments: