Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sam's Gold Star

Sam is not our best sleeper. In fact, he sometimes reminds me too much of Amelia in that regard. But after a rough afternoon yesterday where he never really slept -- and certainly not in his crib for any real stretch -- he got the gold star for his sleeping efforts last night.

Because he was fussy and I was afraid he'd exhaust himself before the 9:30 p.m. feeding, we fed Sam at 8:30 p.m. He was so exhausted and went down hard and fast. At 1:30 a.m. when Isaac started squawking, Jeff and I decided that we wouldn't wake the other two if they didn't wake up. Jeff did the 1:30 feeding and I was on call for the next round, whenever that happened.

When Jeff got up with Isaac, Alex woke up too, so he fed them both. Sam slept and slept and slept. Finally at 6:30 a.m. Sam joined his brothers in waking up and hollering for food. That's 10 hours between feedings. Of course, if the trade off is not sleeping from 12:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and being fussy that whole time, I think I'd rather get up with him in the middle of the night! Still, it's exciting to think that they just might sleep through the night some time soon.

No comments: