Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome 2009

Jeff and I didn't stay awake long enough to ring in the New Year, and we were grateful our guys let us sleep until 4 a.m. before we had to welcome 2009. When we celebrated the start of 2008 who would have ever guessed what the year had in store for us? I wonder what surprises this year will bring?

There's that old adage that says whatever you do on the first day of the New Year you will do all year long. So, with that in mind, we took time to play with our children and enjoy each and every one of our little people. We ate good food together as a family and spent some time catching up with family and friends. I briefly contemplated cleaning the kitchen floor, but I don't want to spend this year cleaning, so I didn't do it. (Oh, I know I'll have to do lots of cleaning up after these three boys, but still, any port in a storm.)

We're almost done with the Christmas cards. They'll be in the mail tomorrow, so we'll just squeak them in before January 4 when Epiphany marks the end of the Christmas season. Once they are out the door, I'll post it for all to enjoy. Just wait until you see the photo of the kids!

As it's still Christmas, the nativity is still up in church. Last Sunday Jeff came home from church laughing about Amelia's visit with the baby Jesus. After Mass, she asked to go up and see the baby Jesus again. She asked all kinds of questions about who was who, etc... As they got ready to leave, Amelia says, "Bye baby Jesus. Have a good day with your family." I LOVE it!

Hope your New Year got off to a great start.

Christy

No comments: