Saturday, May 9, 2009

These Shoes Were Made for...

These shoes were made for...a wedding! And for a big surprise.

Today, my brother Dan is getting married in California. When he invited the family, he assumed, as did I, that I wouldn't be able to come. But thanks to the world's most wonderful husband and some dedicated helpers, my shoes and I arrived in California yesterday to surprise him. It will be a quick trip, and I'll be home in time to spend the end of Mother's Day with my little ones.

I left Jeff with enough food to feed a small army, and a small army to feed! Amelia's off for a fun weekend with friends, and someone is coming in every evening to help Jeff get the boys through the supper and bedtime routine. I tried to organize everything to make his life as easy as possible. I'm afraid if things don't go smoothly he'll never let me leave again!

This is the first time I've been away from the boys. I'm partly excited and partly nervous. I'm not worried about Jeff. Heck, he'll probably get more help than he does when I'm at home! But it's still a little hard to leave. I'll miss my boys and Amelia!

On the other hand, I am looking forward to eating a hot meal or two, sleeping all night long and not getting spit up on for a day or two...

No comments: