Thursday, December 25, 2008

Decorating the Cwismas Twee

I'm a little slow on this post, but it's been a busy Christmas for us. This was the first year that Amelia helped decorate the Christmas tree. She loved helping. Every time she picked up an ornament to hang she sang, "Oh, Cwismas twee, oh, cwismas twee..."

Despite the fact that she sang her version of the last half of that line a few hundred times, we couldn't catch what she was singing well enough to interpret it. Here's the video. You tell us what you think she's singing. Sorry it's so long, but my video editing software keeps giving me error messages.



I did finally have to put the extra ornaments away, because Amelia believed that if there were still ornaments in the box, the tree wasn't done.

I say this every year, but the tree looks absolutely beautiful. I think it's even prettier for the fact that the bottom couple of feet are far more heavily decorated than the rest of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a precious family, Christy.

I think she is singing, "Oh Christmas Tree."

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR CHRISTY,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

(This is in place of the loud raucous singing we usually do - so as not to wake the babies!)

Love,

Emily & Ed Tice said...

I think Amelia and Hannah have the same verses to O Christmas Tree. Hannah makes them up as she goes along and swears "thats hows its goes Mommy on the CDVD!"

CD's and DVD's are all the same and one thing to her- she calls them "cdvd".

Emily