Monday, March 29, 2010

Not Enough Advil in the World

I must confess that I hate working out. I like how I feel about myself afterwards, but the actual act of working out? Thanks, I'll pass.

And after tonight's workout? Pass the Advil. Our sub clearly was determined to make sure our regular instructor never asked her to sub again.

Of course these days, working out is almost worth the effort just because it's an hour I get all to myself.

For the last three months I've been doing Pilates at the local Y every Monday. I used to do Pilates all the time, even up until a week before Amelia was born. I had to quit doing Pilates while pregnant with the boys when I hit about 15 weeks, but only because my instructor was too freaked out to teach me.

Anyway, it's a great workout and I like that I'm regaining strength in my abs. I need those muscles to be strong so I don't hurt my lower back with all the lifting I do around here.

My problem isn't the class. It's the day after. I always try to hold back a bit during class so I can handle the next day's workout! The triplet workout consists of light weights, lots of reps. In and out of highchairs. In and out of cribs. On and off the changing table. Whew! Throw in a little cardio chasing boys around the yard and I'm good to go.

Even though I get a good daily workout, it's still important for me to go to class and really focus on being healthy and strong.

As for liking it? Well, if only I could find an exercise class where the instructor would ignore the fact that I'm napping in the back, I'd be all set.


© Trippin' Mama 2010

No comments: