Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Seventeen Months Old

Yesterday the triplets turned 17 months old. Today they had their 16-month checkup, which was (thankfully) rescheduled from last month due to snow. Tomorrow marks two years since that fateful day when the ultrasound tech said, "I see three."

I cannot believe the boys are already 17 months old. You'd think that my lack of sleep over the past two years would make time go slower, not faster, but I swear the three of them were just six months old and learning to crawl last week sometime.

So here's the update on Sam, Isaac and Alex at 17 months.

Sam - 33 1/4 inches tall, 23 lbs. 12 1/2 oz. That's 90th percentile for height and about 35th for weight.
Isaac - 33 inches tall, 19 lbs. 3 oz. That's still almost the 90th percentile for height, but about 3rd for weight.
Alex - 33 1/2 inches tall, 23 lbs. 6 1/2 oz. That's 90th percentile for height and about the 35th for weight.

The doctor is happy with how they are growing, though he'd like to see Isaac put on a few pounds. So would we, but the kid eats great. So that's not the problem.

In fact, sometimes Isaac eats so much I wonder where he's putting it. The other day he ate three chicken nuggets, two servings of peas, a quarter of a good-sized sweet potato and fifty pieces of penne pasta. FIFTY!


I couldn't believe he ate all those noodles. He kept asking for more and I was checking his seat, his diaper, watching to see if he was tossing them to his brothers. But they were all going in, just as fast as he could chew them. I was a little worried he was going to burst. Isaac's probably going to be one of those skinny kids who eat anything and everything in sight. I'm glad he's not short in addition to being underweight.


Sam, Isaac and Alex are all talking quite a bit, and repeating everything. I need to try to write down all their words one of these days. They all say each other's names (well, more or less) now, which is impossibly cute. One of the words they all use a lot is "next." As multiples they hear that a lot, as in "You're next," so now they will ask to be next, especially when we're getting in and out of high chairs.


One of the funny things the boys are doing now is asking to be tickled. They will come up to us and say "tickle, tickle" as they tickle their bellies. And if one of them is lying on the ground, someone else will often come up and tickle them while saying "tickle, tickle."

We are also in the throes of the continued battle against climbing. We have had to put a board over the front of the changing table so they can't use the shelves as ladders. And now that they are getting so tall, they can reach the buttons on the TV with just a little help. So I spend a lot of time telling them to get off Bumbos, toys, and each other and leave the TV alone. Alex is the most fascinated, and is responsible for all of us learning that the maximum volume on the playroom TV is 47. Mickey Mouse at that volume will make you want to pull your hair out. 

We are so fortunate that everyone has stayed pretty healthy all winter, and that we have three active, growing boys on our hands!
© Trippin' Mama 2010

4 comments:

Angela said...

Good job, Mommy! Your boys are growing so big and they are adorable. We'll be going in for our 18 month in a few weeks. Time is flying!

Jen said...

I sit here reading this and I remember like it was yesterday that my kids were 17 months. And you know what, in a couple months they will be 3. Dear Lord, how does this happen? Three. I am going to have 3 three year olds.

Excuse me, I need to go cry now or drink wine.

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Jen, I KNOW! How does that happen? I swear that yesterday I was bringing Amelia home from the hospital and she'll be 4 (FOUR!) in two months. I'll join you in that glass of wine.

Aunt Mary said...

They better hurry up and learn to say Grandma!! =0)