Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Stack 'Em High!

Recently we got another toy from ebeanstalk to try out. Ebeanstalk is a toy website dedicated to selecting the best toys by age and kids' toys. Feedback from moms like me across the country helps ebeanstalk continue to provide the best educational toys for children. I encourage you to check it out for yourself.

This toy was an oldie but a goodie: a set of stacking/nesting buckets.


They were a big hit with all the boys from the minute I opened them. Even Amelia, who is almost four, wanted to join in the fun. I was glad there were 10 buckets so all three of the boys could share. Well, in theory anyway!

This set is nice and sturdy, as my guys have proven by sitting and even standing on the larger of the buckets. I know it's not what they are made for, but boys will be boys, won't they? And the plastic is holding up remarkably well to three sets of growing teeth. As a bonus they come in a bucket with a handle and a lid that doubles as a shape sorter. Since the shape sorter is popular around here, it's nice to have a second one.


I am a little concerned that I've taught my boys the wrong thing with these stackers, though.

The other day I used three buckets and hid a toy under one for the boys to find. It was a lot of fun for all of us. But later I saw Alex with three buckets lined up in front of him and there stood Isaac and Sam, guessing where the toy was.

Three card monty, anyone?

Disclaimer: We received the toy we tested free of charge, but I received no other compensation for this review.

© Trippin' Mama 2010

No comments: