Saturday, May 1, 2010

Her Little Ponies


It all started innocently enough. I fondly recalled My Little Pony from my childhood, though I was a little too old for them when Hasbro first unleashed them on unsuspecting parents.

So I bought one little DVD. It was marginally annoying, but had a good message and Amelia loved the pony stories.

Then it snowballed into this:


And those are just the ponies, not the accessories!

Now my poor brain has been forced to memorize a multitude of pony names and remember which name goes with which pony.

Sadly I have no one to blame but myself. I bought Amelia a My Little Pony for Christmas. It came in a backpack and had a picnic basket and some other little goodies. I reasoned that she would keep it in her room because of the brothers.

I was delusional.

Her grandparents added to her joy by giving her the My Little Pony hair salon with three little ponies and a variety of hairstyles, rubber skirts (at least those don't hurt when you step on them), a salon chair, some teeny-tiny scissors and a sink and mirror.

Amelia's pretty good about keeping all the little pieces under control, but the ponies themselves are running amok.

The other day I opened one of my cupboards and found that the ponies had moved in.


When I tried to move them out, Amelia said, "But, Mom! They need a place to stay that's warm and dry." I muttered something under my breath about having 2000 square feet of my house, then persuaded her that her dollhouse would do nicely.

A couple days later I found Amelia giving the ponies a bath in the sink. She used about a cup of strawberry shampoo. My bathroom hasn't smelled that nice in a long time!


Oh well, as long as they don't poop in my house, I guess the whole herd can stay.


© Trippin' Mama 2010

4 comments:

Stacia said...

"Pinkie Pie knows how to be a good friend. She made cupcakes for Sparkleworks' birthday" ... Oh, yes, we know those tiny pony books very well at our house. And lately? All of ours are mer-ponies who live in the bathtub.

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Stacia, glad I'm not the only one who foolishly allowed a herd to take over my house!

Christy

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Oh my...glad I have boys. Good luck to you!

Thanks for stopping by and making my SITS day such a wonderful experience. Your time and your words mean the world to me.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Pam said...

We have the pony palace and a herd of ponies thanks to cousins and aunts. I became the pony beautician the other day. Elizabeth said their hair looked crazy and asked me to fix them. I spent a really long time combing and braiding, such good use of my time.