Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wordful Wednesday: A Chicken Leg?


The other night I roasted a chicken. And Amelia had a drumstick for the first time.


She was all about that drumstick. Which was surprising, because she rarely wants to eat anything. Apparently we've been feeding her the wrong thing!


While she was eating she asked how I made that chicken. I didn't think she wanted my recipe, so I told her I just put it in the oven and cooked it. Then she asked how I "put the bone in there."


Ummm.

I told her I didn't. The chicken has a bone in its leg just like she has a bone in her leg. And I touched her shin to demonstrate.

A look of surprise crossed her face. "You mean this is a chicken leg?"


Uh-oh.

"Yes, honey. It's a chicken leg."

I braced myself for a fit or tears or a declaration of vegetarianism by my almost four year old.


Amelia looked at me and shrugged. "Well it's good, Mom."

Play along with Wordful Wednesday at:


 
© Trippin' Mama 2010

2 comments:

Lani said...

haha- awesome!
I have always wondered how it's gonna work, when my kids realize that those delicious little nuggets are made of their favorite farm animal...

Claremont First Ward said...

Whew. CLOSE one. My kids love the drumsticks as well!