Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ah, sleep!

I am too old to be pulling all nighters. And my kids are too young. Nevertheless, we've all been awake WAAAY too many hours in the middle of the night in the last couple weeks.

Now that the boys are on the mend, we were finally able to get a good night's sleep last night. The days of 8+ hours and sleeping in are long gone of course, but we'll settle for a shot at six hours, especially if we can get about four hours in a good stretch. Amazing how your standards change with a baby or three in the house!

I know that someday I'll be able to sleep as much as I want, and I will look back fondly on these days when we had babies in the house. By then I'll probably be an insomniac with the world's weakest bladder, so I won't be sleeping then either. Good thing I banked lots of extra hours when I was a teenager. (Though not nearly enough to compensate for triplets!)

Speaking of sleep, I should be off to bed in case tonight isn't as good as last night. Hang in there with me. Now that we're starting to sleep again I promise posts will get better and pictures will return as soon as the main laptop gets fixed.

Enjoy a good night's rest for us, won't you?

No comments: