Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Win-Win

Just when I had reformed my ways when it comes to making the bed, this news item comes to my attention: Untidy Beds May Keep Us Healthy.

Turns out that leaving the sheets pulled back deprives dust mites of what they need to survive. Unmade bed = no dust mites, which can cause allergies and asthma.

I've decided this is a win-win. If I make the bed, the room looks neat and clean. If I don't, I'm airing out the sheets to keep my family healthy.

Now I just need to make sure everyone in the world knows this so they can applaud my efforts to keep my family healthy instead of frowning at my slovenly ways.

And speaking of beds, I think I hear mine calling now...

4 comments:

Karin Schueller said...

Bless you. Just, bless you for telling me this!!!! I have not made my bed in years unless I know someone is coming over, lol. ;)

Pam said...

I love when you share your wisdom!

Molly said...

I've never made my bed, and luckily this was one battle my mom chose not to fight. I've never understood the point -- you just get right back in it later that day.

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

I never saw the point either, Molly. Now all we need to do is laminate the news article and hang it on our bedroom doors. Advocates of the Unmade Bed unite!