Saturday, February 13, 2010

Allergies?

Amelia stayed with friends for a Valentine's party last night. She had a blast, but had trouble settling down at bedtime. Then she woke up in the middle of the night...twice. So this morning she was pretty tired.

I took her to ballet, but she didn't want to participate. First she told me it was going to be too hard, even though this is her 13th week of class and she knows how to do everything.

Then she sat down and said, "Mom, I just don't have any allergy."

I chuckled as I corrected her, "Don't have any energy, honey."

"That's what I said!"

Amelia warmed up, but then ended up sitting against the mirrors watching the other girls go across the floor. I gave her one warning that if she wasn't going to take part in the class, we would leave. After a few more minutes of watching her sit there, I braced myself for a fit of major proportions and picked her up to leave.

Surprisingly, Amelia didn't throw a fit. As we were putting on her sweatpants she said that she didn't want to leave. But when I told her that she could go back, but she had to dance instead of sitting there, she shook her head no.

So we left, and when we got home Amelia immediately went down for her nap. She fell asleep pretty quickly, so I guess she really didn't have any "allergy" after all.
© Trippin' Mama 2010

No comments: