Friday, February 19, 2010

Green?

Today I went to the grocery store. I was proud of myself for remembering to pull my reusable bags out of my purse, something I often forget. I asked the bagger to put my meat in plastic and then use my bags and plastic for the rest.

When I got out to the car I realized that none of my groceries were packed in my reusable bags. I was annoyed at the thought of having to go back into the store to reclaim my own bags. Then I pulled this out of my cart:


Yep. Those are my reusable bags INSIDE a plastic bag from the grocery store. A bag that says, "Our Environmental Promise."

Classic.

Just classic.
© Trippin' Mama 2010

4 comments:

Angela said...

That's too ironic! Hey do you have any good posts for Things you couldn't live without in the early days of Trips? I'm compiling a list for expecting Moms for our support group and on my blog and i'd love to add anything you might have already written. Thanks, Angela

Robbie said...

Yea, I've had that happen to me a few times when I'm not paying attention b/c of the kids. Most of the time, I get stared at like I'm from another planet b/c I have the bags.

Unknown said...

That is too funny. I wonder what in the world that bagger was thinking. Odd.

Pam said...

I just shared this with John and we are both laughing. Too funny.